Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ella Victory ...a birth story part one

August 26th started like any other......too early!! Ava & Jack woke up starving as usual! Dan & I rushed around getting kids fed & dressed & ready to leave for my 8 am doctors apt...I couldn't find anything to wear..such a huge babybelly!
couldn't find my water bottle...
became obsessed with finding it and bringing my phone charger with me...barely made it out the door..sang By the sea...200 times on the way..even put lipstick on to distract people away from my tooo short shirt...Dan dropped me off..and took kids home knowing it would be a long morning- planning on picking me up ...after..ultrasound..non stress test..doc visit..just standard stuff  because I was " overdue".... nst went great...got 3 compliments on my shirt..
went to ultrasound ..was told my little bellybaby was around 7 1/2 lbs!
waited for doc forever...good thing I had my water and phone charger..plugged my dying phone in and facebooked......doc came in and said.." how'd you like to meet your baby today?" the ultrasound showed pressure on my little ones head due to being soooo low for so long...doc didnt think waiting would be wise to wait so! we decided to break my water at noon....I left office in a daze and called Dan...decided I would wait at birthing center for him to feed kids then meet me here to have a baby....!
went and had lunch in the cafe then sat in hallway making phone calls with my phone plugged in.. called GiGi in Arizona ( mom had left the night before to attend Gram Luisas memorial service.. cant believe after all this time the little was going to arrive today!!-Gods ways...) and Papa Bear giving him last minute info re kids...He and Aunt Cathy were in charge at home!
starting having contractions all on my own.. was missing my mom and anxious for dan to meet me...

Hurricane Irene was rolling in and I took one last belly picture in the bathroom....
to be continued...

No comments: